Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"It's racing day, it's racing day"

On Nov.15th I raced in the Run the River Half Marathon. I ran with two friends Chelsea & Emily! The race started in Folsom and ended in Sacramento!


This is our before & after! Look at how happy we were post race!
I couldn't have done it without these girls!


Chelsea was creative and brought her camera along with us to take pictures at the mile markers.I think all the excitement made us forget to take the pictures at mile 13, 12, 11 and 10-opps!
I promise we ran all 13 though!



More than Half way there!! While one person sprinted to the marker another had to keep the pace and the other take the picture! We are talented aren't we!That is why our poses are gorgeous!


It was really fun to have the three of us there together. When one of us was having a tough mile it happen to be someone else's good mile. It was nice to have the support.




One mile left!! At this point all I could think about was getting it done in two hours! I didn't care how bad it hurt, and I paid the price the next four days! Ouch!

We did it!! And we all did a dang good job!
I finished 4th in my age divison at 2:02.Chlesea finished 6th in her divison (which happened to be her lucky number and bib number!) and Emily at 5th.

GIRL POWER!!

4 comments:

Aaron and Michelle said...

Very impressive girl! You are looking so athletic in those pictures! I have known Emily forever!

jess said...

Jess- oh my goodness I'm so excited you found my blog! I didn't know you had one and now I'm so happy! Your family is so cute. Well, we are coming to Gridley for Thanksgiving. Will you be around? We should hang out. That would be fun! Hope you guys are doing well...

The Eccles said...

Congrats!!!!! You go girl!

Weaver Family said...

Way to go Jessica! Very impressive! Glad you found some new running buddies!:)